When A Loved One Is Killed By Another’s Negligence
Losing a loved one due to the negligence of another is difficult for many reasons. In addition to the pain and grief expressed when a loved one dies, you will likely be left to deal with many legal issues and expenses that arise during a wrongful death claim.
You may feel overtaken by grief at this time, and that is entirely understandable. Wells Law Group, P.A., offers a free evaluation to discuss your loss. After talking to us, it is our hope that you can focus on the grieving process and leave your legal worries with our law firm.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim?
In Florida, surviving spouses, children, and parents can file wrongful death claims. Additionally, people who depended upon the decedent for support may be able to file claims.
While no amount of money can replace your loved one or reverse what happened, financial compensation can help your family adjust to new circumstances, particularly if you lost your family’s main source of income.
What Can Loved Ones Recover?
Our law firm can seek compensation for economic and noneconomic losses that include:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income and future income
- Loss of benefits and future benefits
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
We offer highly personalized services. We will endeavor to learn a substantial amount about your loved one’s life and will ask questions like:
- How is the loss affecting you?
- What is your family experiencing in the wake of this loss?
- Are you experiencing issues with an insurer regarding a life insurance policy?
- Do you have enough to cover the entire loss of your loved one?
We delve into difficult topics not to hurt you or bring up sadness. We do it so that we can develop a clear image of who this person was and how deeply your loss affects your family.
Our immediate focus may include any or all of the following:
- Identifying and preserving evidence crucial to securing liability
- Notifying the insurance company of our representation
- Obtaining key witness statements and supporting photographs
- Working with engineering experts to establish the dynamics involved in accident reconstruction
- Calculating the multitude of losses involved, including loss of financial support, companionship, and medical bills
Our goal is to take as much off your plate as possible so that you can focus on being with loved ones, and sorting out personal matters.
Call Us For More Information
No matter what personal injury accident led to your loved one’s death, with Wells Law Group, P.A., you will an experienced lawyer at your side to offer support and guidance. To schedule your free initial evaluation with a lawyer regarding your matter, please call us at 813-413-7377 or contact us online.