Chances are your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance will not cover all of the medical expenses you incur in a car accident, especially if you went to the emergency room. You should consider retaining an attorney who can help you recover additional coverage by making a detailed claim or eventually filing a personal injury lawsuit. You may have a basic understanding of PIP and your policy limits, but only an attorney who practices in personal injury law will know the complexities involved.
Insurance companies treat injured people differently than they treat attorneys. They know that the average person is not proficient in personal injury law.
6 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury attorneys:
- Work on a contingency fee basis – you will not owe attorney’s fees unless the attorney recovers compensation on your behalf. A law firm has the financial resources to take on the insurance company, and you will not be required to pay anything upfront. If you were to take on the insurance company alone, you may soon find that you do not have the financial resources to get very far.
- Understand legal jargon – To a personal injury attorney, it is not just “jargon” – it is something that makes sense and something that we can use to our client’s benefit.
- Know how to establish negligence. Personal injury attorneys have access to professionals who can investigate the car accident and know how to uncover evidence that supports your claim.
- Educate clients about their options. Your concerns will include securing fair compensation for medical bills and future costs, auto repair fees, lost wages and pain and suffering. A personal injury attorney has helped many people just like you and can draw upon a vast well of knowledge to provide you with guidance.
- Can push the insurance companies whenever necessary. The truth is, insurance companies will try to get away with denying your claim, delaying your claim or settling for far less than you deserve. A personal injury attorney knows how to push back to ensure that you get the compensation necessary and adequate for your specific circumstances.
- Understand the role your doctor plays in your financial and physical recovery. Medical records are vital in successfully resolving auto accident claims. A personal injury attorney knows what medical documents aid in the legal process.
If you or someone you care about was injured in a car accident, you can take a step toward securing a successful result by speaking with a lawyer who is well-versed in dealing with insurance companies.